ScoreboardChina sports stories from around the web
- Football/Soccer: Korea knocks China out of Asian Games
China's football woes continue as its under-23 team is knocked out of the Asian Games in Guangzhou, with a 3-0 loss to Korea. China's only win in the tournament came against Malaysia, in a penalty-loaded 3-0 game.
- Rockets lose to Lakers in Yao's return
Yao Ming had 9 points and 11 rebounds in his first game in over a year, and the Houston Rockets lost to the Los Angeles Lakers 112-110. He fouled out in just 23 minutes of play--guess more aggressive play could be an upside to his limited minutes.
- Winter Olympics: Women's ice hockey drops 2 more, on to 7-8 game
After losing to the USA 12-1 and Finland 2-1, China failed to convert on a power play in the last minutes of its game against Russia, losing 2-1. China, 0-3 in Group B, will face Slovakia in the 7th place game.
- Winter Olympics: Women's ice hockey loses to US
Jin Fengling scored China's lone goal in its opening game against one of the world's top teams. China plays Finland at 7 p.m. Vancouver time on Feb 16, or 11 a.m. Beijing time Feb 17.
- National games basketball: Army team wins women's championship
Behind 16 points from Chen Nan (who just finished her rookie season with the WNBA's Chicago Sky) and 10 from Sui Feifei (who also has some WNBA experience), the PLA team beat Liaoning 90-68
- Swimming: Chinese women win 4X100 at Worlds